Lite peppande texter som jag letat upp till mig själv:
You may not feel the exact same way about someone ever again, but you will love someone again. You will have private jokes and coded looks and things you love to do together and patterns and new exciting butterfly feelings and all those things. They will be for someone else, but they will be just as fulfilling, real, and important as the feelings you have had in your first relationship.
You're normal. You'll be okay. Better than okay, even. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but it will get better.
Everybody feels this way when it happens.
Awesomely, everybody is wrong.
You will never forget your first love, but the next love will be even better because you'll be a better person for having experienced love. You'll be a more mature person, and you'll have learned what kinds of things didn't work with the first relationship. You'll have a more fine-tuned idea of who you are and what you need/want in a partner.
Once you give yourself time to heal and reflect, you'll look back on your first love with fond memories. And you'll be glad you gave yourself a chance to move forward.
No one else will be the same— the next person will be completely different. And wonderful.
You're going to meet other people, and you'll probably want to get involved with them in one way or another. Relax, take your time, don't force anything, and just let things happen if they're going to happen.
It won't feel the same, as others have said, but that's fine. There are more ways to connect with another human being than we have words to describe them, and just because they're not the first doesn't mean they won't be equally special and important.
It is pretty normal to freak out and think you'll never feel that way again, and that you'll never have a relationship that good again. Usually these fears prove to be wrong.
I went through that, and felt that, with my first relationship. I was also 21 when it ended. I had better relationships and felt more crazy in love with other people afterwards.
You just got hit with one of life's nasty firsts and you're still not much more than a kid. Of course it hurts like nothing else has. Of course it throws you for a loop. It feels as bad as the first love felt good. So of course it seems like the worst disaster. You never had love that good before, and now it's gone. Of course you worry something so fine and strong won't happen to you again. But it will. Because that's how life tends to go, for most of us. and the odds are extremely high that not only will you find good love again but that with maturity and experience your love will be better than this one was.
Lots of things get better as we get older. Lots. Maturity allows us to do better at life, to know more, to understand more, to catch nuances and subtleties we miss when we're still young and inexperienced and learning. Older love is usually better for these very reasons. Trust me on this.
I thought I'd never be able to love someone again after my first break up. I thought I was the exception to the rule that everyone falls in love again. I was wrong though. It took awhile, but I did fall in love again. My SO and I just clicked and I felt comfortable around him from the day we met. I never thought I'd feel that way again.
I attended my first love's wedding this past weekend. When we broke up (6 years ago) I could have never imagined being able to do so, let alone to be happy for him and excited to be there. But, strangely enough, I was. Don't get me wrong - I was heartbroken when we broke up, and I understand exactly what you're going through. But time really does heal all wounds, and we were lucky to (eventually) remain friends. As many other commenters have said, our relationship and its end taught me so much about what I need and want from future partners and, most importantly, about myself.
Today, I look back on that first real relationship and am happy: happy it happened, happy it ended, and even happier with where I am now. It's going to take some time, for sure, but I have no doubt that you, too, will learn, grow, and ultimately end up happier from this experience.
You will get to a better and happier place, I swear you will - it takes a little bit of time and patience, and you can't really force it, but you'll get there.
rmal. You'll be okay. Better than okay, even. I know it doesn't seem like it n
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar